Chronic Kidney Disease
Sensibilize to better prevent!
WORLDRIDERZ and ERIC FAVRE® Sport are getting involved together into the adventure to prevent of the effects from chronic kidney disease through the wide universe which represents sport and health. To better understand of the causes of this disease and especially the solutions that are within the reach of all of us in our everyday life and to transmit our key messages across all generations to help reduce its impact on our life and the one of our friends.
KIDNEYS : FILTERS FOR LIFE
Symmetrically situated on both sides by the vertebral column in the abdominal cavity, kidneys are two glandular organs which filter blood. The kidney regulates the quantity of water and the other substances which can pass again in the blood by the capillary and helps to maintain the body in good balance. Waste, excess of water, and electrolytes remaining in the tubule and leaves finally the body by passing urines.
As a kidney has numerous functions, there are various types of diseases of a kidney. The renal chronic disease is a disease which develops slowly and which generally does not present symptom until the damages of the kidneys are permanent. It leads to a progressive and irreversible deterioration of the kidney capacities to filter blood and to eliminate waste.
POSSIBLE CAUSES :
> Chronic Kidney Disease,
- Congenital or hereditary deformation
- Complications from diabetes
- Complications from the arterial high blood pressure
- Complications from other diseases
> The Acute Kidney disease
- Poor lifestyle (malnutrition, lack of physical activity, alcohol, cigarette, drug)
- Result of an accident
- Following a chirurgical surgery
* to http://www.sante.gouv.fr/prise-en-charge-de-l-insuffisance-renale-chronique-le-ministere-lance-des-experimentations-dans-6-regions-pilotes.html
TODAY SEVERAL TREATMENTS AVAILABLE :
The people suffering from a kidney disease have to watch very closely their food. They have to limit the fluids, to have a lottle amount of proteins, limit salt, potassium, phosphor and other electrolytes. The disease gets worse generally as the patient ages, diet can be accordingly adjusted.
There are 2 types of dyalisis
- The peritoneal dialysis uses an individual membrane in the belly to filter waste.The peritoneal dialysis can be made at home without the necessity of a healthcare professional.
- With the hemodialysis, the individual has to go to a dialysis centre three times a week. The blood is sent by a machine which filters waste and returns then cleaned in their body. The process takes three to four hours and is supervised by a healthcare professional.
> The Transplantation,
For some patients, a kidney transplant is compulsory to survive. Kidneys can come from a alive or a dead donor. The donors base with the beneficiaries on the blood type and the transplantee has to take medicine against rejections by their immune system.
… Thanks to a successful transplant, the patient can live an active and healthy life. The life expectancy of a transplant varies from a few months to 30 years …
Kidney disease progression in someone’s life is very slow. Symptoms are often non perceptible in the first years, as kidneys adapt and compensate their lack of function.
Seek for specialist assistance if you have at least 3 of those symptoms :
- Swelling of feet, ankles, legs or eyelids
- Pain during the micturition and/or decrease of the urine volume
- Need to urinate more frequently
- High blood pressure
- Fatigue and feeling weak
- Nausea and vomitings
- Loss of appetite and bad taste in the mouth
- Loss of weight
- Pain in the belly, the lower back part or on sides
- Involuntary contractions of muscles and cramps
- Persistent itches
- Avoid the abuses of tobacco, drugs, alcohol and medication
- Eat less fat, sugar, salt and proteins
- Eat anything, in moderation
- Prefer food cultivated without pesticides, antibiotics or hormones
- Drink less mineral water
- Have a regular physical activity to stimulate circulation
- Drink regularly therbal tea as birch, heather, cherry tree, couch grass, solidago, blackcurrant, ash tree, dandelion
- Verify regularly blood pressure
- Handle quickly any urinary infection
- In case of diabetes or high blood pressure, follow scrupulously the doctor’s instructions and verify the kidney function regularly with blood tests.